This notification should be completed by insolvency practitioners, or authorised employees or agents of an insolvency practice, to give us details of a corporate insolvency where required under section 120 of the Pensions Act 2004.

You need to register for our online service and submit an s120 notice.

If you have any problems logging into or using the s120 notification service please contact our website team at [email protected].

If your search for an insolvent employer shows no results but you’re aware a defined benefit scheme is associated with this employer, please submit a paper s120 notice from the section below.

If you have any queries regarding section 120 notices please contact us on 0345 600 2541.

When to submit a paper copy

Updates following COVID-19 

We are currently unable to accept paper s120 notification submissions. Please only submit submissions via our online notification service.

If you’re unable to make a submission online, please email a copy to [email protected]. or call us on 0345 600 2541 for any queries. 

Under normal circumstances

If you're aware that an insolvent employer is associated with a defined benefit scheme but it's not showing in your search, please submit a paper s120 notice.

You can also send us a paper s120 notice if, for any reason, you can't use our online portal.

Download the paper s120 notice.

What happens next?

We'll notify The Pensions Regulator and liaise with the trustees of any occupational pension schemes.

Within 28 days after receiving the s120 and the necessary information about the scheme, we’ll determine whether the scheme will enter assessment.