May 2021 update
- The aggregate surplus of the 5,318 schemes in the PPF 7800 Index is estimated to have increased over the month to £53.7 billion at the end of April 2021, from a surplus of £34.2 billion at the end of March 2021.
- The funding ratio increased from 102.0 per cent at the end of March 2021 to 103.1 per cent.
- Total assets were £1,784.3 billion and total liabilities were £1,730.6 billion.
- There were 2,622 schemes in deficit and 2,696 schemes in surplus.
- The deficit of the schemes in deficit at the end of April 2021 was £135.8 billion, down from £144.3 billion at the end of March 2021.
For a more in-depth look at the monthly changes to our data please see the link to the supporting data on the PPF 7800 Index home page.