September 2021 update
- The aggregate surplus of the 5,318 schemes in the PPF 7800 Index is estimated to have increased over the month to £83.2 billion at the end of August 2021, from a surplus of £62.4 billion at the end of July 2021.
- The funding ratio increased from 103.5 per cent at the end of July 2021 to 104.7 per cent.
- Total assets were £1,856.3 billion and total liabilities were £1,773.1 billion.
- There were 2,483 schemes in deficit and 2,835 schemes in surplus.
- The aggregate deficit of the schemes in deficit at the end of August 2021 was £130.2 billion, down from £142.2 billion at the end of July 2021.