October 2020 update
- The aggregate deficit of the 5,422 schemes in the PPF 7800 Index is estimated to have increased over the month to £166.1 billion at the end of September 2020, from a deficit of £140.5 billion at the end of August 2020.
- The funding level decreased from 92.6 per cent at the end of August 2020 to 91.4 per cent.
- Total assets were £1,771.4 billion and total liabilities were £1,937.5 billion.
- There were 3,588 schemes in deficit and 1,834 schemes in surplus.
- The deficit of the schemes in deficit at the end of September 2020 was £279.6 billion, up from £258.6 billion at the end of August 2020.
For a more in-depth look at the monthly changes to our data please see the link to the supporting data on the PPF 7800 Index home page.