September 2020 update
- The aggregate deficit of the 5,422 schemes in the PPF 7800 Index is estimated to have decreased over the month to £140.5 billion at the end of August 2020, from a deficit of £199.5 billion at the end of July 2020.
- The funding level increased from 89.9 per cent at the end of July 2020 to 92.6 per cent.
- Total assets were £1,754.8 billion and total liabilities were £1,895.2 billion.
- There were 3,506 schemes in deficit and 1,916 schemes in surplus.
- The deficit of the schemes in deficit at the end of August 2020 was £258.6 billion, down from £306.4 billion at the end of July 2020.
For a more in-depth look at the monthly changes to our data please see the link to the supporting data on the PPF 7800 Index home page.