We have three key objectives that we continually monitor and measure ourselves against.
1: Meet our funding target through prudent and effective management of our balance sheet
We can only achieve our mission if we have enough money to pay our members’ pensions, both now and in the future.
Our strategic ambition is to be financially self-sufficient by 2030 so we rigorously monitor our funding position and balance sheet.
Despite record numbers of claims in recent years, we remain financially strong.
2. Deliver excellent customer services to our members, levy payers and other stakeholders
Excellent customer service is at the heart of everything we do and we strive to meet our members’ and levy payers’ highest expectations.
We aim to provide our members with a service that would make them want to choose us if they could.
Our customer satisfaction results confirm that we are succeeding in providing a great service.
3. Pursue our mission within a high calibre framework of risk management
Assessing and managing our risks is crucial if we are to succeed in our mission. Our robust risk management framework enables us to do this.
Find out how we manage risk here
How we performed last year
- 91% probability of meeting funding target. Decrease of two per cent from March 2017
- 122.8% funding level. An increase of 1.2 per cent in the year
- £550m levy estimate. A decrease of £50 million from 2016/17
- 97.8 % member satisfaction with customer service
- Awarded prestigious ServiceMark accreditation