We need to hear from you

If you have any concerns about any aspect of our service we want you to get in touch with us. Your feedback is invaluable; it helps us to find out what we’re doing wrong as well as what we’re doing right. Ultimately it’s how you can help us continually improve our services for everyone.

What's the first step?

Whenever you have a question or a problem, the first thing we ask is that you get in touch so we can try to resolve the matter. The sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can help you.

So, if you have a problem, please take the first step by getting in touch with us.

PPF members

By post:
Complaints Team
Pension Protection Fund
PO Box 254
NR18 8DN

By telephone: 0330 123 2222

By email: [email protected]

FAS members

By post:

Complaints Team
Financial Assistance Scheme
PO Box 287
NR18 8EZ

By telephone: 0330 067 8000

By email: [email protected]

How to make a formal complaint

There are three categories of complaint - each with a different path to getting things resolved:

General complaints

These are usually complaints about how we've carried out our work - it could be about a mistake we've made, a problem you've come across or the service you've received. This type of complaint is handled by our Complaints Team.

Maladministration complaints (for PPF members only)

With this kind of complaint, you need to show that you've suffered some kind of injustice as a result of maladministration.

An example of this kind of complaint is where a member, or someone who may become a member in the future, believes they have suffered financial loss due to an act or omission by us or by someone acting on our behalf. However, it is not limited to where this is the case.

This kind of complaint is handled by our Reviews Team.

Reviewable Matters

These are statutory complaints about formal decisions. If you're not happy with a decision, you can ask us to review it. This type of complaint is also handled by our Reviews Team.

The Pension Protection Fund Ombudsman

The Pension Protection Fund Ombudsman (PPFO) is the escalation point for certain types of complaints and concerns about the PPF. You'll need to have been through our internal complaints process, before you're able to escalate our complaint to the PPFO. You can contact the PPFO using the details below.

The Pension Protection Fund Ombudsman
Pensions Ombudsman Service
10 South Colonnade, Canary Wharf,

Telephone: 0800 917 4487
Email: [email protected]
Website: www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk

Download our complaint guidelines

Our complaint booklets explain in more detail what you need to do to make a complaint and how we'll deal with it.

And it you're still not too sure what type of complaint you need to make, please get in touch with our Complaints Team and they'll point you in the right direction.