- The aggregate deficit of the 5,450 schemes in the PPF 7800 Index is estimated to have decreased over the month to £6.4 billion at the end of April 2019, from a deficit of £43.9 billion at the end of March 2019.
- The funding level increased from 97.4 per cent at the end of March 2019 to 99.6 per cent.
- Total assets were £1,649.2 billion and total liabilities were £1,655.6 billion.
- There were 3,089 schemes in deficit and 2,361 schemes in surplus.
- The deficit of the schemes in deficit at the end of April 2019 was £157.2 billion, down
from £181.1 billion at the end of March 2019.