- The aggregate deficit of the 5,450 schemes in the PPF 7800 Index is estimated to have increased over the month to £69.9 billion at the end of May 2019, from a deficit of £6.4 billion at the end of April 2019.
- The funding level decreased from 99.6 per cent at the end of April 2019 to 96.0 per cent.
- Total assets were £1,662.4 billion and total liabilities were £1,732.3 billion.
- There were 3,382 schemes in deficit and 2,068 schemes in surplus.
- The deficit of the schemes in deficit at the end of May 2019 was £199.1 billion, up from
£157.2 billion at the end of April 2019.